Senior WordPress Developer
Conshohocken, PA (virtual position until at least Aug 2021, following a 2-3 day requirement in-person visit each week)
Realtime Media (RTM) is looking to recruit a Senior Front-End Developer with expert proficiency in modern front-end tactics, UX design and highly customized WordPress environments. This is an exciting opportunity to join our fast-growing company. Our website is the #1 growth driver, and our creative and marketing teams will involve you daily in our very collaborative work environment. As a Senior Front-End Developer, you will be the main architect and sole executor of coding updates to our company website.
Realtime Media (RTM) www.rtm.com/ is one of the fastest-growing digital agencies in the Greater Philadelphia Area. We build award-winning promotions: sweepstakes, instant win games, contests, purchase rewards programs. Our Clients include Maybelline, NFL, the Philadelphia Eagles, QVC, Netflix, Burger King and many of the world’s largest agencies and brands.
This is an exciting time to join the RTM team because current initiatives in product development and innovation are driving the growth of RTM as a technology-driven marketing company. Join us and help improve our main business driver, our company website, so that we bring new products and existing product improvements to market for industry-leading Companies. This position provides great experience to hone your craft and lead the team as our head website architect.
- Take finalized mockups from the Creative and Marketing teams and bring them to life on the web through clean and proficient coding that displays flawlessly between devices
- Establish and guide the website’s overall architecture
- Update and maintain our custom-built WordPress theme
- Create new page templates as needed
- Creative and UX vision in best practices to use for development
- Work closely with the Creative and Marketing teams in weekly strategy meetings
- Create and maintain custom plugins and themes
- Ensure proper security within the code structure
- Website performance monitoring
- Design and implement new features and functionality
- Analyze capabilities of the competition
- An online portfolio of previous work is a requirement for application
- Expert (8+ years) in front-end development
- Expert in custom WordPress development
- Strong understanding of UX design, bringing best development practices to the table for team collaboration
- Ability to execute front-end code to ensure consistent styling across platforms and browsers
- Comfortable working with debugging tools like Firebug, Chrome inspector, etc.
- Self-sufficient in meeting deadlines and the ability to prioritize work that aligns with your assigned tasks
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git and SVN
- API Integration – Pardot experience is a plus
- Proactive approach to website speed and SEO optimizations
- Agile knowledge is a plus
- Comfortable with WPengine as hosting environment
- Strong communication skills
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills. Ability to summarize analysis in a succinct manner.
- Strong attention to detail and work ethic
- Team player with a positive attitude
Interested in the position?
Please email a copy of your resume, along with your required portfolio, to email@example.com.